What is Website Planning?
One of the most important stages and often time consuming tasks of building a website is the Planning Phase. If you ignore the planning phase of a project/product, the chances of an unhappy finished project are high.
Your website is a important part of your business’ marketing efforts, it is like the virtual face of your company. This is why a good plan is important before starting any web project. It sets the tone and foundation for a successful website. Don’t underestimate the importance of website planning!
To get a higher ranking in the search results, your website needs to have a good structure. Every website has a structure. It might be a well organized and smooth-running structure, or it may be in the form of unorganized jumbled up pages. If you are careful with your site planning and structure, you will create a site that achieves search excellence.
What you will learn at Avyud –
- What is website planning and overview.
- How to plan a website according to objectives.
- Top Mistakes people make while planning and structuring a website.
- Making a structure for your website – how is a good structure important for your website?
- Defining different pages according to their content, number of pages, content etc
- Basic website layout – index (home page), main sections, subsections, contact pages etc.
- Using software like WordPress to design and structure your website.
- Implementing the above procedures to create a dynamic and responsive website.