What are Web Analytics?
Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of web data for purposes of understanding and optimizing web usage.
How are Web Analytics beneficial for you?
- Measure Web traffic – You can track how many viewers are coming to your website, where they are coming from and the keywords they are using to look for products and services.
- Analyze your followers – Web Analytics help you better understand your audience so that you can share your content accordingly.
- Identify Target Market – You can identify the location of the visitors and target interested people from a specific location.
- Optimize Marketing Campaigns – You get to know which campaigns are working and which ones are not, so you can optimize them accordingly.
- Track bounce rate & Exit pages – You can track which pages are the ones causing the user to leave the site and optimize them.
How do search engines work?
- The main task of a search engine is to provide the user with the most relevant results.
- First the search engine ‘crawls’ different websites for content.
- Next, it categorizes the content accordingly, which is known as indexing.
- Then they decide which content is the most relevant to the user and ranks it accordingly. This is known as ‘ranking’.
Different search engines have their own algorithms and each of them complete this process in their own way but the goal remains the same.
- A Webmaster is a person who is responsible for creating, managing, and maintaining one or more web-servers or websites.
What you will learn at Avyud –
- What are analytics? Introduction to Web analytics and its use.
- Integrating web analytics with your website.
- Google Analytics and its various components.
- Measurement metrics, accounts and profiles, analytics reporting.
- Sorting, filter and time chart.
- Audience Segmentation.
- Traffic and behaviour reports, goals and conversion reports.
- Creating detailed reports in Google Analytics, different ways to view data, navigate reports.
- Hands on with Google Analytics and using it on a live project.
- Different search engines, Crawling, Indexing & Ranking
- Google search engine algorithms and updates – Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird, RankBrain, Fred etc
- Bing Search Engine
- Who is a webmaster? What is the role of a webmaster?
- Google Webmaster tools
- Bing Webmaster tools