What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine’s unpaid results – also called natural or organic results.
In general, the earlier and more frequently a website appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users; these visitors can then be converted into customers.
Importance of SEO
In today’s competitive market, SEO is more important than ever. Search engines serve millions of users per day looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their problems. If you have a website, blog or online store, SEO can help your business grow and meet the business objectives.
The majority of search engines users are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results pages (SERPS), so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your online store you need to in the top positions. SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
How is SEO beneficial for you?
- On-page SEO, if done properly, adds to the user experience by making it more user-friendly and giving them relevant content, which makes them browse your website for a longer time.
- It can increase your brand awareness and overall online visibility.
- They help you in getting better conversion rates. SEO traffic is more likely to convert.
- Your business becomes more valuable as your SEO rankings rise.
- SEO makes your website load faster.
What you will learn at Avyud –
- What is a search engine? Different types of search engines.
- Working of a search engine.
- What is search engine optimization (SEO), What are the different types of SEO?
- White, Black, Gray
- The SEO life cycle.
- Google Search Algorithms
- Difference between organic and inorganic (paid and unpaid) search.
- Keyword research and analysis – what are keywords, analytics, competitor analysis
- Google Trends.
- On page optimization – title tag, meta tag, headings, image optimization, hyperlink optimization, anchor tags, landing page optimization etc.
- Off page optimization – submission to search engines, directory and article. submission, forum postings, link building etc.
- Importance of URLs in SEO, URL building, renaming/rewriting etc.
- How website loading speed, navigation structure affect SEO.
- Different types of SEO tools.